Some rice burned on the bottom, and it won't get clean – Does anyone know how to get this out?

 The Question: 

 I hate to toss it, and not just because I'm cheap. Someone gave it to me when I got married, and I've had it so long, I don't want to part with it. I use it all the time. Any ideas?



What did people say?

⇒ Ashley: Bar keepers friend can get some crazy stuff off, use it with a good scour pad. You can boil dryer sheets in it and it’ll get a heck of a lot of it off too!

⇒ YOUNG: I use dawn power wash and a green scrubby pad with a lot of elbow grease. First spray the dawn and let sit for about 10 minutes, take the scrubber and scrub away, rinse and repeat. Eventually after 3 or 4 rounds I can get them clean.

I don’t like using the metal scrubbers like sos or steel wool etc because I find it scratches the pot.

⇒ Jen: Dryer sheets and water let the water boil it should come right off.

⇒ Meredith: Get SOS pads, my boyfriend bought some to scrub all of our pots/pans

⇒ Sarah: Happened to me recently and thought I was doomed. I didn’t have steel wool so I balled up tin foil and scrubbed baking soda with it. It worked!

⇒ Marcia: I’ve heard you can put dishwasher soap in it with a little water and bring to a low boil. The scrub when it cools. Good luck

⇒ Angela: Bar keepers friend.

⇒ Heather: Boil with baking soda. If not all comes out repeat but use salt instead of the soda. Rolling boil. Never had to do more than twice.

⇒ Elizabeth: Bar keepers friend. Make a thick paste with a little water and spread it all on the inside of the pot. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Then scrub it. You may have to do this twice.

⇒ Ann: Fill it with water about two inches then add a heap of baking soda and bring to a boil. Should be able to guide a pot scrub along the bottom with a wooden spoon after 20 minutes or so. Gently scrub til all loosened. Repeat if not all gone. I did this every week when I visited my 90+ mom. She was a busy gal and would leave the room and forget the pot!

⇒ Anne: Same thing happened to me so I scrubbed it with anything I had. Nothing worked to get it out so I keep using the pot and every time I scrub it off a little more. Eventually it will be gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I need to repurpose taco soup? What ideas do you have?

What is your favorite credit card and why?

Has anyone tried starching their jeans and does it help them to last longer or not get as dirty?